1) World Cartoon, especially when we are thinking on “subject with humor,” have a stoppage. Almost without any researches we are working on a very first idea that comes to our mind. The result of this ends with similar cartoons. Do you think, we need to solve this problem? What can be done?
I think the creation of cartoon is not so simple process. Cartoonist is a free thinker. The process of creation “similar” cartoons is impossible to solve by some actions. Every cartoonist can solve this problem for himself personally only.
2) According to us, one of the biggest responsible of frequently appearance of ”similar” cartoons is jurors of the contests. In particular the jurors who do not use the Internet as a medium votes for similar cartoons. We have a suggestion to prevent similarities on cartoons: Just to exhibit all submissions posted for contest in a digital gallery on the web site of the arrangers. This can maintain a healthy result for the final cartoons. ”Don Quichotte” has already lunched this method for a while ago. Do you have any different suggestions about this.
It is very good idea to prevent similarities using exhibition all submission cartoons for contest in a digital gallery on the web sites. It is the best way, I think.
3) What is your opinion on ”Censorship in Cartoon?” Should a cartoon be restrictions on it? If yes, what is the borders of this?
It is difficult to imagine a censorship of the poetry. The borders in the creation cartoonist must build himself.
4) Also at recent periods we find more technically perfect cartoons, almost close to ”illustration” in definition and it seems they concern more plastic art which replace the traditionally cartooning with simple lines. It is a reality that there exists cartoonists/artists who produce on this track and who be very successful too. Our concern is mostly on that the priority of humor -the gag or the idea if you wish- stays in background. As it is known, the cartoon in definition is an expression with ”least and original” lines. Do you think so you tool.
No, I do not think so. The main goal of the Art of cartoon is to create a comic effect using the visual connotation or background. It is possible to do by many ways. Some of this way is traditionally cartooning with simple lines.
Why should we restrict the Art of cartooning? There is a real crisis in the Art of cartoon (mostly in traditionally cartooning with simple lines). The fountain of similarities in cartoon art shows it. We have to find new ideas, new images, new ways, and new development in the Art of cartoon.
5) What kind of structures the cartoonists need to act in solidarity, organized as a whole against lawsuits? We need your alternative suggestions in order to create more strong cartoon unity, shoulder to shoulder, which will work internationally. Do you have any suggestion.
Few international cartoon organizations exist now (for example, FECO, CRN International etc.). The activity of these organizations is not strong enough. They need a real active leaders, staff and assistants.
1)” This question never could not answer so with The Thiefs of Cartoons grown up !
Because “The most cartoonists do not thinking about cartoon themes in toilette too!!
2) The themes of cartoons competitions will not ” themes of recently dates !”
The juryies will scanner last competitions results,before their competitions!
3) This is very important: ITS WILL THE HONORLY DRAWINGS AND THEMES !!
VERY MOST FACTOR : HUMAN HONOR!
4) The cartoon will drawing shortly lines. This is not a painting competition!..
This is a humor competition. I have a artist and painter from my childhood ( from my five years old) .
But it is a humor activite, so ýt must drawing a few very shortly lines. Because;
The succes of works : humor and very very shortly lines !
5) If A cartoonist will drawing a smiler cartoon or caricature :
The all cartoonists and Juries will must be SINGLE “HE”…
HE WILL NOT INVITED ANY EXHIBITIONS AND COMPETITIONS!
ALL MY RESPECTFULLY! ..best regards!
THE WORLD CARTOONISTS FROM DONQUICHOTTE
DIEGO JORDAN PEREIRA