XVI Annual International Graphic Humor Contest – University of Alcala 2009
The General Foundation of the University of Alcala announces the XVI International Exhibition of Graphic Humour University of Alcala with the title Universal Education (2nd goal of Millennium), and the following conditions of entry:
1. Participation is open to professional Graphic Humour and Cartoon artists who publish or have published in national or international media.
2. In order to participate in the Exhibition, every artist must send a piece on the theme Universal Education (2nd goal of Millennium). It can be a vignette, a comic strip or a caricature. Together with the piece, the artist will properly fill out and send the form that can be found attached to these conditions (also available in www.humor.fgua.es/XVImuestra). The organization reserves the right to invite any author/s it considers appropriate.
3. All art pieces must be original, they will be signed and dated, and can be made using any technique and medium. When using a computer to make the piece, the artist will have to prove that that is his/her habitual work technique, he/she must sign the work and show the number of copy and the total number of copies made (e.g. 2/4, if it is copy 2 out of a total of 4). The maximum format will be 297 x 420 mm. (A3 – 11,7 x 16,5 inches).
4. All pieces will be sent properly wrapped (it is recommended to protect them with flat cardboard). The organization won’t take responsibility on any possible damage occurred during transportation. All shipping charges will be at the participant’s expense.
5. All art pieces will be sent before Aug. 31, 2009 to the following address:
Fundacion General de la Universidad de Alcala
XVI Muestra Internacional de Humor Grafico.
C/ Imagen, 1-3. 28801 Alcala de Henares. Madrid. Spain
It is essential to comply with the noted date for the adequate planning of the catalogue and design of the exhibition.
6. A selection of the pieces submitted (carried out by the Selection Commission) will be exhibited in the XVI International Exhibition of Graphic Humour of the University of Alcala and in other exhibitions that may be celebrated.
7. All pieces submitted will be kept at the Graphic Humour Archives of the General Foundation of the University of Alcala (excepting specific indication to the contrary, for which the artist must write on the reverse of the piece “Devolucion”), and will be used for its spaces, travelling exhibitions and publications.
8. The submission of the piece means that the author authorises the General Foundation of the University of Alcala to reproduce it and exhibit it, as long as the name of the artist is displayed and the objective is the media coverage of the Exhibition and the rest of activities of the Foundation within the field of Graphic Humour and/or of this call (edition of catalogues, posters, leaflets, media coverage, web page, etc.), and in any case it generates any type of obligation on the author’s part.
9. The organisation will communicate through the Exhibition web page or through a letter the list of participants with submitted piece and the list of selected pieces. Those people whose piece is selected will be able to attend the opening and all other parallel activities, for which they will be informed of the accommodation and maintenance conditions.
10. At the end of the exhibition in Alcala, those people with selected pieces will receive a copy of the publication, which will be edited to mark the celebration of the Exhibition.
11. The organisation reserves the right to not exhibit those pieces considered to infringe individual or collective rights.
12. The participation on this Exhibition means the acceptance of these conditions.