The 9th Tehran International Cartoon Biennial
organizing committee invites cartoonists
from all over the World to participate in this contest.
1-The contest is open to all cartoonists.
2- The contest will be in four categories:
A) Cartoon (Two Sections)
Theme: 1. Fear
B) Comic strip, theme: Free
C) Caricature, theme: Political portraits
3) THE PRIZES:
Grand Prize: 8000$, Trophy and Honorable Mention
(The main cartoon theme)
Firs Prize: 2000$, Trophy and Honorable Mention
Second Prize: 1500$, Trophy and Honorable Mention
Third Prize: 1000$, Trophy and Honorable Mention
The first to Third Prize will be awarded separately for
each section of the contest.
The jury panel of he 9th Tehran Cartoon Biennial will also award 10 selected artists with Honorable Mentions.
Special Prizes will be offered by various Sponsors, Establishments, Associations, Newspapers and Agencies.
4) A maximum of 3 works in each section can be submitted by the participating cartoonists.
5) The dimensions of works should not exceed the minimum 20*30cm
and maximum 30*40cm
6) Comic strip must be presented in one page and without any words.
7) Only original artworks are accepted, without any kind of frame,
accompanied by the entry form and author’s short biography and photo.
8) Quality prints of works achieved by digital tools will be accepted as originals as long as they are
hand signed by the author, accompanied by the digital file of the artwork in Tiff format
with 300 Dpi resolution on a CD. No photocopies or photographs will be accepted.
9) Name, surname, address, phone number and e-mail of the participant should be
written on the back of each cartoon
10) The choice of technique is free, color or B&W and etc.
11) The deadline :22, October 2009
Depending on the posting date
12) The participating cartoons will not be returned.
13) All Cartoonists whom their cartoons are published in the catalogue will receive a free copy.
14) The organizers will do their best to protect all submitted
cartoons from any probable damage, but takes no responsibility
of the damages caused by post or bad transport.
15) The organizers hold all the rights to publish the cartoons submitted to
the contest and use them in any from.
16) All participants are considered to accept all the conditions.
17) All works must be sending to the following address:
Iranian house of cartoon, No.44,Golnabi (Ketabi) St.,
Shariati Ave, Tehran, I.R. Iran
18) For further information, Visit our website or email us:
Tel: (+98 21) 22868600-22846928
Fax: (+98 21) 22867080