LIST OF THE CONDITIONS FOR 2010 INTERNATIONAL CARTOON CONTEST "NAJI AL ALI" ON PALESTINE
Naji al Ali and Handala are two symbols of the Palestinian national resistance who never yielded to the occupiers since decades. The Palestinian cartoonist Naji al Ali, who had shelted to a refugee camp in Lebanon after the 1948 occupation when he was 10 years old and who has been assasinated by Israeli agents in London in 1987 has left a child to all of the peoples of the world; it is Handala, a child who will always be 10 years old. Under nearly 40 thousand cartoons who narrate Palestine, appears Handala as he has turned us his back. He is offended to everybody who do not hear the voice of a people of which the country and right to life is stolen; and it is only after the liberation of Palestine that he will turn his face again.
We started to work to commemorate the memory of Naji al Ali, who dedicated his life of 50 years to the stuggle to free his country, and he did it mainly by his cartoons. We know well that the zionist occupiers have even fear of the designs. Let them have fear! We shall continue to design Palestine.
Not only the Palestine who fights, but also the Palestine who breathes…
We’re calling everyone who want to support this heritage as well as to support this struggle, to participate to the 2010 International Cartoon Contest "Naji al Ali" on Palestine and to make heard the sound of Naji al Ali, Handala and Palestine.
About the contest
This contest is being organized by Assocation for Solidarity with Palestinian People (Turkey) and HOMUR Humor and Cartoon Group.
Conditions of participation
* The works must reach the organizing association not later than 22nd of November 2010, Monday. Also the participants using the way of postal, should arrange the last day of sending as 22nd November of 2010, Monday. Nevertheless, all of the works which will arrive before the gathering of the Selective Committee will be assessed. The organizing association will not be responsible of the postal delays.
* The submitted works must be original. In case of submitting the works with the print out of the cartoons, it is a necessary that the cartoonists put their original signatures on their works.
* The standard size for the dimension of the works must be A4 (21 x 29,7 cm) or A3 (29,7 x 42 cm). The works sent by internet must be high resolution file(300 dpi required).
* The cartoonists are free to participate with already published works as long as these works have not previously been awarded in any other contest. The maximum number of works for each cartoonist to participate the contest is 3.
* The Contest is open to cartoonists from all over the world. Also "Handala ‘Stone General’ Special Prize" will be given to two cartoonists who are between 10-13 and 14-17 years old.
* The adress for the cartoonists preferring to use post offices to participate the contest is:
Filistin Halkýyla Dayanýþma Derneði, Hüseyin Aða Mah. Dudu Odalar Sok. No:10 Kat:3 Beyoðlu/ÝSTANBUL/TÜRKÝYE
E-mail adress for the online participation is: email@example.com
(For more information: homur.blogspot.com; bizimhanzala.blogspot.com; for communication: firstname.lastname@example.org)
* Organizers are not responsible for damage caused during transportation by post. Name, surname, birth date, postal adress, phone number and e-mail adress should be written on the reverse side of each cartoon.
* Participants should send their works with participation forms which can be found in annex after filling it completely and signing it. The participants who send their works via internet must also send their signed participation form to the adress mentioned above.
* Participants who filled the participation form are assumed that they transfer all the rights on the cartoons defined by Turkish laws to the Association for Solidarity with Palestinian People and that the mentioned association has the right to exibit, keep them in its archive and broadcast works on the internet. Moreover they also accept that HOMUR Humor and Cartoon Group can use all the works without any restrictions.
* At the end of the contest, a BIG PRIZE OF NAJI AL-ALI will be given to one of the works.
In addition to this, there will be four equivalent ACHIEVEMENT PRIZES. These are:
– HANDALA LAND PRIZE
– HANDALA FREEDOM PRIZE
– HANDALA HUMAN RIGHTS PRIZE
– HANDALA INTIFADA PRIZE
Also, two of the cartoonists between 10-13 and 14-17 years old will be awarded with "HANDALA ‘STONE GENERAL PRIZE".
In addition to the special prizes given by Association for Solidarity with Palestinian People and HOMUR Humor and Cartoon Group, there will also be awards from some different institutions.
The Selective Committee and the announcement of the results
* Selective Committee (Jury) for the contest will be announced later.
* Selective Committee will be gathered at 27th of November 2010, Saturday.
* The results of the contest will be announced at 28th of November 2010, Sunday.
* Prize Ceremony will be held on 11th December of 2010, Saturday in Istanbul. The ceremony is open for everyone, and the winners of "big prize", "achievement prizes" and the "Handala ‘stone general’ prizes" may able to participate the ceremony, as 3 days-accomodation will be supplied by Association for Solidarity with Palestinian People.
After the contest
* One album of cartoons those determined by the jury will be sent to cartoonists. Besides, a irculating exhibition will be organized from the participant workings. Foremost, this exhibition will travel to cities of Turkey, like Ýstanbul, Ýzmir, Eskiþehir, Adana, Zonguldak, Antalya. Then,it will be exhibited both some cities and centers of the world and Middle Eastern Countries. After the contest,exchange of information with the participants will also continue and the participants will be informed about the exhibitions.
* The works will not be returned. After the exhibition, they will be kept in Museum Of Cartoon and Humor, under the responsibility of Association of Cartoonists (Turkey).
* The only professional organization of the cartoonists in Turkey, the Association Of Cartoonists supports the contest.
2010 INTERNATIONAL CARTOON CONTEST ON PALESTINE
Name and Surname
Greek Cartoon Network
Cartoonists·- Events – Associations – Publications
We welcome all the organizers of international cartoon contest, exhibitions and cartoonists to provide your latest news of cartoon contest, exhibitions and events to Greek Cartoon Network and then we will release it for free.
Copyright (C) 2010 "greekcartoon" and "antonosart". All rights reserved.
Unsubscribe From Our Mailing List.