International Cartoon Contest "Humour a Gallarate" 2017, Italy
"Humour a Gallarate"
International Cartoon Contest
‘Marco Biassoni’ Grand Prix
“Osvaldo Cavandoli” Prize
January 21 – February 28, 2018
Theme: On the road
During the exhibition Kerouac. Beat Painting organized at the Museo Maga in Gallarate from December 2017 to April 2018 "Humor in Gallarate" chooses as the theme for the XXIII edition the title of his most famous novel. The pictorial and graphic works of one of the 20th century literary icons, Father of Beat Generation, will be exhibited for the first time in Italy, and "On the Road" will also be the leading line in the show of the selected cartoon.
1) The contest is open to all professional cartoonists, caricaturists, illustrators and graphic artists from all over the world.
2) The competition is divided into three sections: A) Graphic humor B) Satire C) Caricature
Each participant can submit up to three works, one for each section, specifying the title
3) Theme: On the Road
4) The works must be UNPUBLISHED, accompanied by the participation card, biography and photo. Any work already published on paper or on the web will automatically be excluded from the assignement of prizes.
5) Size: A4 (21 x 29,7 cm)
6) Technique: Free.
The artworks Works can be made with any technique, including digital techniques.
7) The artworks could be send in two ways: A) Sending the artworks’ original | B) Electronic submission
A) A) Sending originals by post: each artwork must be signed by the author, with the personal information (name, surname, address), title and technique. The works, accompanied by the participation card, must be sent to:
Pro Loco Gallarate
Vicolo del Gambero, 10,
21013 Gallarate (VA)
B) Electronic submission: The file must include the author’s name and the progressive number (for example Name_1.jpg, Name_2.jpg, etc.). File format: JPG, 300 DPI, Max 2MB for each image.
The files, accompanied by the participation card, should be sent by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
IMPORTANT: In the event of awarding a prize, the winner is required to send the original workthat will become part of the "Humor at Gallarate Collection". In case of digital artwork, the author is required to send an high-definition print with the "unique copy" caption.
8) Deadline: 12.00 PM December 15, 2017
The Jury will meet Saturday, December 16, 2017
9) Prizes: the Jury will assign the following prizes:
Grand Prix "Marco Biassoni" for the best artwork among all the sections
(Graphics/Cartoon, Satire, Caricature) – 1.000 € + diploma
1st Prize – 500 € + diploma for each section
One special Mention of Jury – Diploma for each section
5 mention of honor for each
“Cava Prize” 500 € + diploma. The special "Cava Award" named after Osvaldo Cavandoli, creator of the celebrated "La Linea" character, will be assigned to the artwork that, chosen from all the sections, will combine the beauty of humorous, satirical or caricatural content with the essence of the core graphic execution.
10) Jury: The selection of works and the awarding of prizes is exclusive jurisdiction of the Jury, appointed by the Pro Loco Gallarate, which will meet on December 16, 2017 in Gallarate. The jury’s decision is final and unquestionable.
11) Exhibition: from January 21, 2018 at Maga Museum (Gallarate).
There will be also Marilena Nardi’s solo art exhibition.
Opening ceremony: Sunday, January 21, 2018, at 11:00 AM
All authors who will attend the opening ceremony are invited to a rustic lunch.
12) Catalogue: Each selected author, exhibited in shows and published in the catalog, will receive a complimentary copy of the same
13) Property and rights: the Organizers reserve the rights to reproduce the cartoons in catalogue, newspapers, or posters to promote the Contest and to exhibit a selection of works in other locations in Italy or other countries. None of works will be returned but will be included in the "Humour Gallarate Collection".
By submitting the artworks, the author accepts the rules and regulations of the Contest and the decisions of the Jury.
email@example.com | www.prolocogallarate.it
Regulations + ENTRY FORM (PDF).