International Cartoon Contest
R U L E S
1. The artworks must be presented in a FREE THEME, under the categories:
A. CARTOON: drawings without any relation to a specific fact;
B. CARICATURE: portrait with anatomic and psychological distortion of well known personalities;
C. STRIP: drawings in sequential panels;
D. HUMOROUS PHOTOS (PICS): good-humored photos with universal theme
2. The 6th HumoDEVA INTERNATIONAL CARTOON CONTEST
is an open competition for cartoonists all over the world.
The Participation on the International Contest is free of charge.
3. You can submit an unlimited number of entries;
the maximum format is A3 (30 x 42 cm).
Drawings should not be framed in any way
and sent packed flat without rolling or folding.
4. Works must be originals (photocopies are not accepted!),
using any technique, black and white or in colors,
without words. If the works are made with the computer
? PC GRAPHICS ? you can send them by internet, at the address: HumoDAEVA@yahoo.com,
or on a CD or DVD. In this case,
the works must be digitized in 300 DPI resolution,
RGB color mode, in JPG format ? high quality
? with the maximum limit of 5 MB.
Works should be accompanied by the author?s photo or caricature and a short biography in English, including date of birth, education, profession, citizenship, awards, publications and exhibitions.
5. Each drawing realized in the classical mode,
should bear on the backside the registration form.
Only submissions arriving with a filled-in
registration form (in block capital letters
and glued on the back side of each work) will be accepted! For the drawings realized on the PC, the registration form should
be completed and sent from our website.
6. Artists should cover the transport costs of works franco Deva.
Works should be adequately packed to avoid damage.
No liability at all for transport damages and/or loss
for submissions it?s assumed by the organizer.
7. The Deadline for sending works (postal stamp)
is 1 March 2007 at the address:
The 6th HumoDAEVA INTERNATIONAL CARTOON CONTEST
(Horia CRISAN & Liviu STANILA)
OP 1, C.P. 174, 330.190 Deva, jud. Hunedoara, ROMANIA
8. The decisions of the Jury are final.
The Jury will award the following prizes
for the best works, no mater the categories:
The GRAND PRIZE _______ 1200 Euro
(A full color Personal Album and a Special Honor Diploma)
The SECOND PRIZE ___________ 500 Euro and Special Honor Diploma
The THIRD PRIZE _____________ 300 Euro and Special Honor Diploma
10 ?Prizes of Excellence? _______ Special Honor Diploma
5 ?Prizes of the web-visitors? ___ Special Honor Diploma
Other Special Prizes offered by the sponsors may be awarded.
9. The contest results will be announced on the HumoDƖA web site: http://www.besthumor.info/html/humodaeva.html .
The prizes can be paid in Deva or can be
posted to the cost of the receiver.
The organizer does not assume any liability
regarding taxes or bank charges.
In the same time, all the arrived and accepted works
will be scanned and exposed on the mentioned website
? there will be a poll and the first 5 placed will be also awarded.
10. All selected cartoonists will get, free of charge, a full-color Catalogue ? Calendar of the 2007 HumoDAEVA INTERNATIONAL CARTOON CONTEST.
11. The works will be returned, on demand and on the artist?s expense. The awarded drawings will not be returned, they will become property of the organizers. If no request of returning the drawings is made until 31.08.2007, the drawings will remain in the property of the organizers who retain the right to use all the drawings received (to make exhibitions in Romania or abroad, to publish them in newspapers, magazines, books, posters, postal cards, internet, multimedia products and in any other form, without any compensation or fee to the author).
12. For all the cartoonists accepted in the contest,
the drawings will be displayed FREE OF CHARGE
on the site www.BestHUMOR.info
from where those can be sold, case in
which the artist will receive 50 % from the selling fee.
13. For further information: phone 0040 – 722 – 281314, e-mail: HumoDAEVA@yahoo.com .
14. By submitting the works to The HumoDƖA
INTERNATIONAL CARTOON CONTEST,
the artists accept the decisions of the Jury and the rules printed above.
Horia CRISAN, Liviu STANILA,
Founder & General Manager of Co-founder and Art Director of
The HumoDƖA INTERNATIONAL CARTOON CONTEST ? Deva, Romania
(Please multiply, complete in block capital letters
and glued on the back side of each work.
For the digital works, send the registration form by e-mail)