3rd International Exhibition CarCaricature – Zagreb 2009
This year 3rd International Zagreb car caricature exhibition 2009 marks the 111th anniversary of the car’s first appearance in Croatia. The car was driven by Count Marko Bombelles to his home in Vinica near Varazdin.
Since those early days, in all its guises, the car has become an essential part of everyday life. “His Majesty”, the car, has become so necessary for work and play that it is difficult to imagine any activity which does not involve the use of an automobile. From basic functions such as travelling to and from work, to every other type economic, sport, cultural, political, recreational, tourist, health, military, police or “romantic” pursuit. It is omnipresent, ever desirable and IRREPLACEABLE! Life without a car is unimaginable. We ask ourselves how did we manage to live without the car for thousands of years.
What do we do with cars that are not in use anymore or are unusable – commonly known as car wrecks??? Those irresponsible throw them everywhere. They abandon all mighty cars in woods, rivers, lakes, seas, national parks and even on islands.
So our focus this year as well as a theme is going to be Car wrecks and Car waste.
With this theme we want to interest authors from around the world to warn public of a need to preserve nature and to change bad and unexpectable life style with the new one that respects basic principles of ecology. We are also joining the eco-action “Lets Clean Croatia from Car wrecks” – that was started by Zagreb’s photograph Romeo Ibrisevic. So far as a result of his initiative there was over 11.000 old cars removed from parks, woods, rivers, and lakes in Croatia.
Opening of 3rd exhibition will take place in Zagreb in a lobby of City Government on 5th of June as a part of World Environment Day celebration.
The right to healthy and clean environment according to Croatian constitution is undeniable right to every man, woman or a child. Last year June 5th World Environment Day echoed a message from Marijana Petir, Croatian Parliament Environmental Protection Committee Chairman, who warned everybody with her explicit message that everyone has to accept responsibility for their actions and that we have to change our living habits so Earth can stay, as it has been for thousands of years so far, place where we can live in accordance with nature so future generations can have the same quality of life we have had, if not even better.
This is fantastic opportunity for caricaturists from all around the world to “speak up” through their drawings and show advantages and disadvantages of their majesty – the Car.
A Note from the Organizers
1. All cartoonists (and those wishing to be one) on the planet Earth have the right to participate.
2. Each entrant may submit a maximum of 2 cartoons.
3. All cartoons must be made on either A4 or A5 paper size (but not smaller than A5 or bigger than A3).
4. Cartoons must be submitted on paper, (either drawn or as a computer print) and signed by the artist. Photocopies and other forms of duplication will not be accepted.
5. Cartoons will be exhibited following selection by the judges appointed by the Organizers, Huna d.o.o. Zagreb.
6. The Organizers will present the following awards:
GRAND PRIZE: 4,000 Eu or 30,000 Kn
1 PRIZE..1,000 Eu or 7,500 Kn
2 PRIZE. 800 Eu or 5,500 Kn
3 PRIZE..500 Eu or 3,500 Kn
Two special recognition prizes: each 300 or 2.200 Kn
In addition to monetary prizes, each winner will receive a certificate.
7. Each participant in the exhibition will be represented in the exhibition catalogue with one cartoon selected by the Organizers.
8. Every artist whose work is exhibited is entitled to a free copy of the exhibition catalogue.
9. The subject matter of the exhibition is: Our everyday car – Car waste and Car wreck.
10. Prizes will be awarded by a committee of at least seven persons, of whom five will be sponsor representatives and two will be experts appointed the Organizers.
11. Cartoons which are awarded prizes become the property of the sponsor awarding the prize to the artist or remain the property of the Organizers.
12. Cartoons which are not awarded prizes become the property of the Organizers or, at the explicit request of the artist, can be returned (on payment of shipping costs) or may be collected from Huna d.o.o. 30 days after the exhibition.
13. All exhibited artists give the right to the Organizers to use, publish and exhibit cartoons, without compensation or payment, for the promotion of future exhibitions and projects.
14. The Organizers reserve the right to utilize cartoons with third-parties to promote the artist and the exhibition.
15. By submitting cartoons to the 3rd International Car Caricature Exhibition Zagreb 2009 the artist agrees and accepts the terms of participation.
16. Cartoons will be accepted for inclusion in the exhibition until
24th of April 2009
at the Organizers address:
HUNA d.o.o. Srebrnjak 55, 10000 Zagreb Croatia
17. The exhibition will take place in a lobby of City Government on 5th of June – World Envi ronment Day.