13th Seoul International
Cartoon & Animation Festival
|Deadline: April, 15 2009|
SICAF2009 International Digital Cartoon
Competition News letter No.1.
This year marks the 4rd anniversary of the SICAF
International Digital Cartoon Competition,
which has been the driving force behind the
development of digital cartoon in World.
This SICAF2009 is held August.
(2009. 8. 12 Wed ~ 16 Sun)
Deadline is April 15, 2009
Contents of this primary news letter are Competition Conditions and Regulations.
Please apply for your work.
The following news letter is February 16, 2009
SICAF2009 International Digital Cartoon Competition event guidance.
– A receipt period : The end of February ~ April 15, 2009
Competition Conditions and Regulations
SICAF Organizing Committee and Seoul Animation Center are proud to present the SICAF International Digital Cartoon Competition 2009 under the generous support of Seoul Metropolitan Government. By organizing this Competition, we aim to promote digital cartoon as a new medium for creating and enjoying cartoon and comics, and to discover and support promising digital cartoon / comics producers. We would like to extend a warm invitation to talented, aspiring producers all around the world to submit their art to our competition. If you are interested, please make sure to read this document very carefully. Submitting your work means you have read and accepted all terms and regulations of this Competition.
Your work should hold major characteristics of cartoon & comics, and should be viewable using digital techniques.
You should be the copyright holder of the artwork you submit. Only original, unpublished works, without any previous prize-winning or competition selection history and any commercially used history, are qualified. Works entered in previous SICAF Digital Competition cannot be submitted again.
2. Theme and Official Languages
There is no special theme designated by the organizing committee.
A) Web-Cartoon: 1 to 4 frame web-based cartoon
4. Submission of Entries
● Web-Cartoon Category
● Web-Comics Category
* Scroll Cartoon
* Mobile Cartoon
● Digital Illustration Category
– 1280(height) * 960pixel(width) or 960 (height) * 1280 pixel (width)
* Acceptable file format: jpg or gif
* Choose the color you want:
*Official Language: KO and/or EN
* In Web Cartoons and Web Comics, a special focus will be given on digital media factors working well within the overall artwork.
A) Please enter your work in the appropriate format. You may choose from the following modes of implementation: the internet, mobile, or other digital media.
B) If you are submitting something not in either .jpg or .gif format, you must specify the viewer software or tool which can open the file. The specific viewer software should be submitted along with the artworks.
C) If the works contain texts in languages other than the official languages (English or Korean), English translation should be submitted with the artwork.
5. How to enter your work
A) No registration fee is required
– Entry Form: One entry form is required for each work. Only completed and signed entry forms will be accepted.
E) All materials should be submitted to:
Official Website : www.sicaf.org
* Offline submission is not available.
– Please submit your work on-line at our official website, www.sicaf.org.
-The Selection Committee is responsible for the Preliminaries, choosing works to advance into the final round of competition.
7. Final decision
( Korean currency : Won )
Grand Prize/ No. of Works : 1/ 7,000,000 \
Silver Prizes/ No. of Works : 3/ 2,000,000 each \
Technical Prizes/ No. of Works : 2/ 1,000,000 each \
Idea Prizes/ No. of Works : 2/ 1,000,000 each \
Netizen’s Choices/ No. of Works : 3/ 1,000,000 each \
Jury Special Prizes/ No. of Works : 4/ 1,000,000 each \
Total : No. of Works : 16/ 27,000,000\
Foreign exchange rate is subject to change.
A) An entry will not be considered for selection in any of the following:
B) prizes / award decisions may be annulled when:
-The entrant is not the copyright holder of work.
– The SICAF Organizing Committee will provide Korean translations of non-Korean works selected for the final competition. We will bear all expenses of translation only if the SICAF organizing committee receives the complete English text of the dialogue and commentary. The Korean translation will remain as the property of Competition host organization. Korean translation will be exhibited with the artwork during the festival period.
– Non-English texts should be translated in English by the entrants themselves, at their own expense.
11. Winner Invitation
: Festival accreditation
12. Competition Results
– All selected works for the final competition will be exhibited at SICAF exhibition venue. For promotion purposes, they may appear in all related catalogues and pamphlets published by the SICAF Organizing Committee and on the Internet. Third party rights protection is also guaranteed.
– Competitors should hold the license and permission to use the materials and softwares used to create the entering work, including graphic software packages for creating artworks.
‘The 4rd SICAF International Cartoon Competition Coordinator Namki-Park.’