„Humour …in Gura Humorului” – Cartoon and Humorous Literature International Festival The 17th Edition, 2007
The Suceava District Center for Conserving and Promoting Traditional Culture The Townhall of Gura Humorului "Best Western Bucovina” Hotel Terra Design’ Printshop, Gura Humorului Integrated in “The Festive Days Of Gura Humorului”, the 17th edition of „Humour …in Gura Humorului” – Cartoon and Humorous Literature International Festival will be held from 7 to 10, June, 2007.
The Festival Rules
The Cartoon Section
1. The theme of edition: “We Globalise”
2. Only the works that have never been published or awarded prises during other competitions are eligible.
3. All the works will be signed on the reverse side and will include information related to the authors ( address, telephone number and e-mail account)
4. Works’ dimensions: A3 or A4
5. Technique: free
6. As part of the patrimony of “Humour …in Gura Humorului” festival, the works will not be returned and the organisers can make use of them in the next editions, only with the name of the author mentioned.
7. The participants are required to fill in the enclosed entry form and send it with their works, including a brief CV and a personal photography or a caricature portrait/ self-portrait, having the minimum sheet dimensions: 6×9 or 710×1065 pixels digital format.
8. Number of works: 3 (three)
9. The deadline term for the paper is 15th, May, 2007 (the post date)
10. The prizewinners will be informed in due time (before 1st, June, 2007) to be present for the prize award festivity held on Sunday, 10th of June, 2007.
Organizers will provide accommodation (full board), but the guests or the organisation/the institution they represent should pay for the transport expenses. Any other persons joining the prizewinners will have to pay all the expenses and inform the organisers to make the necessary arrangements before 3rd, June, 2007.
11. The jury member list will be announced on the website www.gurahumorului.ro starting with 1st, June,2007.
12. The following prizes will be awarded:
1st Prize – 500 Euros
2nd Prize – 300 Euros
3rd Prize – 200 Euros
The “George Gavrileanu” Prize for the debutants from Bucovina – 200Euros
13. “In kind” registration fee: Each participant should enclose with their works a rough plan of the trophy for „Humour …in Gura Humorului”Cartoon and Humorous Literature International Festival. The organisers will create the trophy as a prize for the most valuable project and will award it in the next editions of the festival, having the name of the author mentioned on it.
The address to submit the papers:
MUZEUL OBICEIURILOR POPULARE DIN BUCOVINA
PIATA REPUBLICII nr.2
COD 725.300 GURA HUMORULUI
For further information contact:
prof. Elvira Romaniuc
fixed telephone: 00 40 230 231 108 – The Muzeum
mobile: 00 40 724 576 000
mobile: 00 40 740 926 479