21° Olense Kartoenale
Annual Cartoon Contest – Rules and regulation 2009
All contestants will be admitted with no distinction made regarding nationality or age.
There are two categories:
· Youth category up to 15 years inclusive;
· Adult category: 16 years and older.
The theme is „Archeology” and special prize to the best cartoon with theme” poverty &human rights”.
· Original cartoons in black and white or colour, may bear no captions.
· Dimensions including any passe-partout 21 x 30 cm.
· Works sent rolled and works larger than DIN A4 will not be returned.
· Number of entries per contestant: maximum five.
4. Property rights:
Prize-winning works will become the property of the organizer or the major sponsors.
All works selected may be used by the organizers to promote the contest and the
village of Olen.
5. Catalogue/Cartoon book
Selected works will be considered for inclusion in a catalogue. The authors of these
works will receive a free copy of the catalogue during the prize ceremony or it will be
send afterwards by mail.
6. Return mail
Return of the cartoons happens only on explicit request of the participant. In that case
the return of the works will take place at organizers’ cost approximately six months
after the ‘deadline’.
The organizers will endeavour to handle the return forwardings with the utmost carebut cannot
be held responsible for loss or damages.
The deadline is 3/10/2009
The entry form and the cartoon(s) must be send to:
For the adult category: For the youth category:
1st prize: 1000 euro 1st prize: 200 euro
2nd prize: 300 euro 2nd prize: 175 euro
3rd prize: 200 euro 3rd prize: 150 euro
4th prize: 150 euro 4th prize: 100 euro
5th prize: 125 euro
Only for Belgian participants:
Prize of the province of Antwerp: week-end (youth and adult category)
9. Prize Ceremony and Exhibition
The prize ceremony will take place at Friday 13th of November 2009 at approximately
20.00 h in the council room of the town hall of Olen, Dorp 1, 2250 Olen. Every
participating artist will be welcome on that occasion.
A selection of the cartoons will also be exhibited at the same address an can be visited:
· Sunday 15th of November 2009
· All working days from Monday 16th of November 2009 till 22/1/2010